On Business Ownership, Wealth and Living Someone Else's Life (Helen Tran, Jupiter)
Helen Tran is a designer, CEO, hobbyist writer, traveler and macaroon connoisseur (amongst other things). She's also a long-time friend of Funsize who can't resist making frequent journeys from her home in Toronto to visit us. We had a great time sitting down with her to talk about everything from software design, business ownership and bodybuilding, to wealth and weird Texan habits.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing with Shopify
- Paying dues before taking big career risks
- Figuring out what to pursue and deciding to start Jupiter
- Why there's no such thing as "business vs. personal"
- Living someone else's life for a year
- How bodybuilding affects discipline and goal setting
- Defining "wealth"
- The knowledge gap between CEO generations
- Business as more than a way to make money
- Toronto vs. Texas
- A lot more