Unlocking Design for a New Generation (Theo Strauss, Stanford)
Note: We recorded this one before COVID began, so some references (like to our SXSW party) did not come to fruition.
Theo Strauss is an 18-year-old product designer out of NYC who's already making waves in the community through his involvement with companies like Apple, Postmates, and Figma. As someone on the bleeding edge of a new generation of designers, we loved having him on the show to share some of his thoughts on where the industry is heading and how young people are getting involved.
- Creating an entire portfolio in Figma
- Growing up in New York City
- Childhood career dreams
- The evolution of design tools
- Going to college vs. entering the workforce
- The ambiguity of "designer"
- The democratization of design
- Cold emails
- Personal networks
- Much more