What Are You Gonna Say Yes To? (with Joel Beukelman)
Joel Beukelman is a Senior Interaction Designer at Google where he works on Chrome. He's also a prolific content creator with a popular YouTube channel and vlog. In this episode, Anthony and Joel cover everything from family life and time prioritization, to health, jacuzzis and — of course – design.
In this episode we discuss:
- Juggling family, travel, a high-level design job at Google and content creation
- Prioritizing for life satisfaction
- The importance of health for designers
- Joel's experience transitioning from startup life back to Google
- The need for support in your career and personal life
- The challenges of investing in personal time as a creative
- The consequences of too much hustling
- Chasing titles vs. doing work you love
- What it’s like to work on a product used by 1 billion people.
- Finding what’s next after you’ve reached your career goals